Les Roches-Gruyère University of Applied Sciences is a new university that received official federal authorization on the 2nd of July 2008 from the Swiss government. This new institution is the first private University of Applied Sciences ever approved in Switzerland in the hotel management field.
In January 2009, it launched a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management.
Students are able to choose between two different specializations. The first one is in international hospitality management while the second specialization is in food, beverage and operations management. Depending on the pathway chosen, programmes are taught in different locations including our Bulle campus in the canton of Fribourg and our Bluche campus, in the canton of Valais, for the specialization in food, beverage and operations management.
This new institution uses the resources and facilities of the highly-reputed Swiss institutions of Les Roches International School of Hotel Management and Glion Institute of Higher Education*. Both of these institutions are ranked among world’s leading hospitality management schools for an international career (TNS, global survey, September 2010)
*GIHE, our sister school, is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) in the USA. It is not part of the federally authorized UAS, but the preparatory program is given on the Glion campus of this institution.
At LRG-UAS, students have the possibility to study for a Bachelor of Science which proposes two different specializations depending on the students' area of interest. Depending on pathway chosen, students will be based on different campuses:
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management with specialization in International Hospitality Management - Glion* and Bulle Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management with specialization in Food, Beverage and Operations Management – Bluche Campus.
*Glion Institute of Higher Education is our sister school which is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) in the USA. It is not part of the federally authorized UAS, but the preparatory program is given on the Glion campus of this institution.
SEMESTER ABROAD OPTIONS
Semester abroad options are available to students in semester 3 or 4, allowing them to transfer to one of six renowned institutions in the Laureate International University network.
- Ecole Superieure du Commerce (ESCE) Paris, FranceKendall College, Chicago, USA
- Business and Information Technology School (BITS), Germany
- Universidad Europea de Madrid (UEM) Spain
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia
- Australian International Hotel School, Canberra, Australia
LRG-University of Applied Sciences offers two Master of Advanced Studies programmes that are accessible to students who already have a bachelor degree in a field related to the hospitality industry and 3 years of work experience.
- Master of Advanced Studies in Hospitality Management - Bulle Campus
- Master of Advanced Studies in Hospitality Business Management – Bluche Campus